The 62nd ASA offers a combination of rich learning opportunities from concurrent workshops to Group Learning Level 2 (formerly known as Mainpro-C) programs. Please note that the Group Learning Level 2 programs are offered at an additional cost. Prices are as advertised and GST is not included. Capacity is limited so register online to avoid disappointment.
ATTENTION ASA SPEAKERS: You will be provided with a specific registration link for speakers. Please do not register using ‘Register Now’ button below. Thank you!
62nd ASA Registration Fees
|REGISTRATION TYPE||REGISTRATION FEES
(Ends February 12, 2017)
|LATE REGISTRATION FEES
(Starts February 13, 2017)
|ACFP Member/ Active CFPC Member Rate||$725.00||$800.00|
|First Five Years in Family Practice||$595.00||$675.00|
|First Year Certificant‡||$425.00||$500.00|
|Family Medicine Resident||$275.00||$350.00|
|NMMP* Physician Rate||$825.00||$900.00|
|Half day – Friday or Sunday||$425.00||$475.00|
|Full day – Saturday||$550.00||$600.00|
Prices do not include GST. Please contact the ACFP office if you need assistance registering at 780-488-2395 or by email at email@example.com.
‡First Year Certificants are Active CFPC members who have received the CCFP designation (Certification in Family Medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada) in 2016/2017.
*Non-member Mainpro participants (NMMPs) participate in the Mainpro program – however, they are not full CFPC members and do no receive the full benefits of CFPC membership. – See more at: http://www.cfpc.ca/Nonmembers/#sthash.rSPmUqV9.dpuf
Other Important Registration Information
- When registering, ASA attendees will have the ability to change their session selections until January 15. Full session details will be added to our program page. Check back frequently to see what updates have been added.
- On-site registration will not be available.
- The ACFP will no longer accept faxed registrations. Registration will be available online only.
- Registrations will not be confirmed unless the entire registration form is complete, and full payment is received.
- The deadline for registration is February 19, 2017.
- You must register for all workshop sessions you plan to attend.
- Registrations will be accepted and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registrants will be charged for costs associated with add-on courses such as Group Learning Level 2 (formerly known as Mainpro-C) programs.
- You must pre-register for Group Learning Level 2 (formerly known as Mainpro-C) programs.
- There is no additional cost to attend Ancillary Sessions (formerly known as Satellite Symposia), however pre-registration is required.
- First Year Certificant and First Five Years in Practice statuses will be verified.
- Residents must be currently registered in a residency program.
- Students must be currently registered in a post-secondary institute program belonging to the Department of Family Medicine.
Win Back Your Registration and Two Nights Accommodation at the Rimrock!
Register before January 12, 2017 for a Chance to Win Back Your Registration and Two Nights Accommodation at the Rimrock!
The 62nd ASA accepts the following payment types:
- American Express
- Cheque (Cheques made payable to the Alberta College of Family Physicians)
Admission to Conference Events
Those registrants attending the full conference will receive admission to all sessions and program meals by wearing their ASA nametag.
In order to qualify for the student rate, a student must be carrying a full-time academic workload (other than by correspondence) as determined by the post-secondary institution in which the student is enrolled. Proof of qualification may be required.
- Cancellations must be received in writing, along with the original receipt of payment, on or before February 19, 2017, and will be subject to a $50 processing fee.
- No refunds will be considered after February 19, 2017.
- The Alberta College of Family Physicians reserves the right to cancel or postpone a program due to insufficient registration, or circumstances beyond their control.
Transferring Your Registration
Request for transfers or substitutions must be submitted in writing by the registered attendee. If a system refund is required to complete the transfer, the attendee will be charged an administration fee of $50.00.
Conference Sessions, Meals, Meeting Space
The ASA is a continuing professional development program for family physicians. In keeping with Mainpro+ Certification, ACFP ASA guidelines, and in consideration of and respect to the learning environment, attendance to workshops, skill, ancillary and/or keynote presentations is limited to registered attendees only. Attendee’s dependents (family members, children, babies, nannies, etc.) are not permitted in session rooms.
Conference space and meals are designated for the registered attendees only. Food and refreshments during the ASA are provided for conference participants only. Registrant dependents are asked to use alternate dining options at the Rimrock Resort Hotel.
Photography and Feedback
Once you have registered for the ASA, you automatically grant permission to the ACFP to use any photograph, video or voice recording taken during the conference events and activities on ACFP communications materials, including print and online, with or without the inclusion of your name. The ACFP also reserves the right to use any ASA event-related tweets, quotes or feedback in future material.
The ACFP hosts a number of family friendly events at the ASA and may use photos taken during the events in present or future ACFP materials including print or online. In the event where attendees do not want their children photographed at ASA family events, we ask that attendees inform the photographer.
If you have any questions about the 62nd ASA, please contact the ACFP at 780-488-2395 or 1-800-361-0607 (Alberta only).