Annual Scientific Assembly—the ACFP’s Flagship CPD Event!
ACFP’s ASA: Education for Family Docs by Family Docs!
Connect. Learn. Practice.
The ASA offers learning opportunities tailored to the needs of family physicians.
Conceived and developed by a dedicated group of family physicians from communities throughout Alberta, the scientific program is presented by hand-picked family physician speakers. Join us and connect with colleagues to learn and share best practices in primary care.
Save the date for the 62nd ASA!
March 3–5, 2017 | Rimrock Resort Hotel | Banff, Alberta
Don’t Be Disappointed! Book Your Rooms Early!
The elegant Rimrock Resort Hotel is the official host hotel of the ASA. To reserve your room call 1-888-746-7625 or connecting online at http://bit.ly/62ASARimrock.
From our early beginnings, our membership has had a strong desire to learn from, share, and collaborate with one another. We pride ourselves on the relevant and topical program we present every year at the ASA.
Below is a sampling of this year’s program. For more information on the daily schedules visit:
Group Learning Level 2 (formerly Mainpro-C) Programs
- Infant and Toddler Nutrition, Dr. Sudha Koppula
- ECG Workshop: Advanced, Dr. Vu Kiet Tran
- More to be announced
- The Primary Care Alliance Presents: Ch- Ch- Changes! (State of Primary Care Update)
- C. Difficile Infection, Dr. Thomas Louie
- The Many Aspects of Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID): Are We Prepared in Primary Care?, Drs. Andrew Cave, James Silvius, & TBA
- Can You Spot the Bias? Detecting Bias in CPD Programming, Dr. Anthony Crocco
- Vitamins: Perfect Health or Perfect Hoax?, Drs. Mike Allan, Mike Kolber, Tini Korownyk, & Adrienne Lindblad
The Power of Your Practice
What’s Up Doc? Research Showcase – Call for Presentations
The ACFP is supportive of those who champion the importance of family medicine and primary care research, and highlights family medicine researchers and research in family medicine throughout the province of Alberta through our Research Showcase at the Annual Scientific Assembly, “The Power of Your Practice“. The Showcase highlights outstanding research being conducted in primary care and family practice in Alberta and Across Canada. Learn more about the Research Showcase or the Call for Abstracts.