Program Certification for CPD Providers and Planners
As a provincial chapter, the ACFP is responsible for managing program applications for CPD activities delivered in the province of Alberta. This role also includes performing ethical reviews.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) certifies continuing professional development (CPD) activities for Mainpro+® credit.
- The CFPC National Committee on Continuing Professional Development (NCCPD) oversees the regulation of Mainpro+ certification
- Administration is performed at the national level by the CFPC’s Department of Continuing Professional Development and at the provincial level by CFPC Chapter offices
Why Mainpro+ certification?
- Certification’s peer-review process ensures all content is relevant to family physicians
- Mainpro+ certification demonstrates the provider’s commitment to quality educational programming
- More than 35,000 family physicians across Canada require Mainpro+ credits to maintain their CFPC membership
How does Mainpro+ certification work?
Depending on the activity and the type of certification sought, programs might also be subject to ethical review (self-study online programs, and programs funded without for-profit financial or in-kind support are currently exempt from this step). This secondary evaluation ensures that each time a CPD program is offered, it is conducted according to ethical standards and guidelines as established by the CFPC, the Canadian Medical Association (CMA), and Canada’s Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (Innovative Medicines formerly known as Rx&D).
Mainpro+® Certification at a Glance
This document provides an overview of the Mainpro+ certification process and is designed to help program planners prepare to submit an application for review.
What do I need to submit? How much does it cost? How long does it take?
Complete information regarding certification categories, materials to be submitted, fees, criteria, policies, and timelines can be found within “Understanding Mainpro+ Certification” Standards Document.
How do I apply for Mainpro+ certification?
Applications must be submitted via our online certification program, CERT+. Paper-based applications will not be accepted.
Mainpro+ Certification Application Questions
Download a complete list of Mainpro+ application questions. These questions are for reference only. All applications for certification must be submitted online via the CERT+ platform.
CERT+ Online Certification
CERT+ is the College of Family Physicians of Canada’s (CFPC’s) online application system for Mainpro+® certification. CERT+ allows continuing professional development (CPD) providers to complete application forms online, upload all supporting documents, and make payments with just a click of the mouse.
CERT+ allows you to:
- Submit all application materials electronically (slide presentations, evaluations, etc.)
- Pay administrative fees online using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- Receive application status updates by email
- Respond quickly to reviewer feedback and questions online
- Track application progress online
- Complete ethical review submissions online
Using CERT+ for the first time?
Returning CERT+ user?
Have a question or comment?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our help desk at (905) 361-8233 or 1-866-242-5885