Recognition of Excellence (ROE) Award
Deadline Extended to April 30, 2017
The Recognition of Excellence Awards recognize members who, in the past 12-24 months have made an outstanding contribution in one or more of the following areas: patient care, community service, hospital or health care institutions, College activities, teaching, research, and other elements of the academic discipline of family medicine.
Examples of outstanding contributions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Significant humanitarian work on a global basis.
- Establishment of a training program.
- Delivery of an educational program unique to the needs of an at risk population.
- Excellence in clinical practice to disadvantaged communities.
- Leadership in primary care renewal projects, hospitals or program.
- Development of an innovative research project that contributes to the improvement of day-to-day clinical practice.
- Applicants must be a member of the College in good standing.
- Current members of the ACFP Board and Nominating and Awards Committee are not eligible for nomination of this award.
- Recipients are nominated by their peers or members of the public.
- The application package includes: a completed application form providing details on how the nominee meets the award criteria and at least two letters of recommendation.
- Additional Letter(s) of support from colleagues, patients, and members of the community. The nominee’s resume may also be included.
- The ACFP Awards and Recognition Committee will review all nominations and a recommendation will be made to the ACFP Board.
- The ACFP Board will review the Awards and Recognition Committee recommendation, and provide their comments and/or support.
- The successful recipients will be notified and their nominations will be forwarded by the ACFP to the CFPC for the CFPC Awards of Excellence.
The ACFP Recognition of Excellence award recipients will receive an engraved sculpture, and a cash award of $500. Recipients will be acknowledged on the ACFP website, in the President’s Message and included in the ACFP Year in Review document.
Recipients who are present at the ACFP’s ASA Award Ceremony will be announced and asked to stand to be acknowledged. A framed ‘Award of Excellence’ certificate will be provided by the CFPC and will be forwarded by the ACFP to the award recipient.
The CFPC will honour all Award of Excellence recipients through a slide show at Family Medicine Forum (FMF), and recipients who are present at the CFPC’s AGM held during FMF will be announced and asked to stand to be acknowledged.
Download the Application – Deadline Extended to April 30, 2017
Take a moment to fill in the nomination form for someone you feel deserves recognition. Remember this is the only mechanism that can tell the story on why your nominee deserves this honour. Be specific with your examples. Provide letters of recommendations from different perspectives supporting your example. The more details you can provide will help the review committee understand why your nominee deserves the Recognition of Excellence award.