Family Medicine Resident Leadership Award
The Family Medicine Resident Leadership Award supports, promotes, and recognizes residents, emerging leaders and advocates for family medicine. It is awarded to two family medicine residents (one from the University for Alberta and one from the University of Calgary).
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a family medicine resident enrolled at either the University of Alberta or the University of Calgary.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in advocacy, community service and/ or education.
- Current members of the ACFP Board are not eligible for nomination of this award.
Recipients are nominated by their peers or members of the public or can be self nominated.
The application package includes: a completed application form providing details on how the nominee meets the award criteria and at least two letters of recommendation.
- A recent resume may also be provided.
- The ACFP Awards and Recognition Committee will review all nominations and a recommendation will be made to the ACFP Board.
- The ACFP Board will review the Awards and Recognition Committee recommendation, and provide their comments and/ or support.
The Family Medicine Resident award recipients will receive an engraved sculpture, and a cash award of $500. Recipients will be acknowledged on the ACFP website, in the President’s Message and included in the ACFP Year in Review document. Recipients who are present at the ACFP’s ASA Award Ceremony will be announced and asked to stand to be acknowledged.
Complete the Nomination Form and email to email@example.com. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. If you are mailing or faxing in your application, please be sure to email the original MS Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
You may also include letters of testimony from other colleagues and/or patients to support your nomination.
Submit the completed nomination to:
Alberta College of Family Physicians
#370, 10403–172 Street, Edmonton, AB T5S 1K9
Deadline for nominations: April 15, 2018