Patient’s Medical Home – Outstanding Family Practice Award
As a chapter of the College of Family Physicians of Canada, the ACFP supports the vision of a Patient’s Medical Home (PMH), a model of care that puts the needs of patients and their communities at the centre of care.
The PMH is where patients can present and discuss their personal and family health concerns and receive the full spectrum of expert care. The PMH team is developed to meet the needs of its own patient community and, depending on those needs, may involve nurses, other specialists, and other health care providers, who work together in one centre or virtually.
The PMH supports the relationships between patients and family physicians and other health care providers as they develop and strengthen over time, enabling the best possible health outcomes for each person, practice population, and the community being served.
- Have been in practice for a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership in the areas of patient and community care while exhibiting excellence in the application of the principles of the PMH.
- Clinics, where current members of the ACFP Board and Awards and Recognition Committee practise, are still eligible for the award however during the review process the said Committee member will abstain from the voting and review preference.
- Recipients are nominated by a fellow member of the CFPC or members of the public.
- The application package includes: a completed application form providing details on how the nominee meets the award criteria, an overview of the nominee’s achievements, and at least two letters of recommendation.
- Additional letter(s) of support from colleagues, patients, and members of the community may also be included.
- The ACFP Board will be notified of the Awards and Recognition Committee recommendation. The successful recipient of the award will be notified.
The Clinic will receive a custom plaque and be acknowledged on the ACFP website, in the President’s Message and included in the ACFP Year in Review document. The Clinic will also receive a catered coffee break for up to $500.00.