Family Medicine Resident Leadership Award
The Family Medicine Resident Leadership Award supports, promotes, and recognizes residents, emerging leaders and advocates for family medicine. It is awarded to two family medicine residents (one from the University for Alberta and one from the University of Calgary).
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a family medicine resident enrolled at either the University of Alberta or the University of Calgary.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in advocacy, community service and/ or education.
- Current members of the ACFP Board are not eligible for nomination of this award.
Recipients are self nominated or can be nominated by their peers or members of the public.
The application package includes: a completed application form providing details on how the nominee meets the award criteria.
- A letter of recommendation and a recent resume may also be provided.
- The ACFP Nominating and Awards Committee will review all nominations and a recommendation will be made to the ACFP Board.
- The ACFP Board will review the Nominating and Awards Committee recommendation, and provide their comments and/ or support.
The Family Medicine Resident award recipients will receive an engraved sculpture, and a cash award of $500. Recipients will be acknowledged on the ACFP website, in the President’s Message and included in the ACFP Year in Review document. Recipients who are present at the ACFP’s ASA Award Ceremony will be announced and asked to stand to be acknowledged.
Nominate a Family Medicine Resident
Check back in November during Family Doctor Week (November 10-15, 2014) for the nomination form.
The deadline to submit an application is April 15, 2015.